MediConnect is a safety net for patients, prescribers, pharmacies and drug manufacturers. Our vision is to become the gold standard blockchain solution approved by the Pharmacy and Medicine regulators for the prevention of obtaining multiple prescriptions from online and offline pharmacies.
In addition, through the MediConnect blockchain solution the identification of counterfeit and recalled drugs and their distribution can be prevented. Protecting patients and the industry whilst ensuring potentially huge cost savings for the Pharma world. After seeing the impact of the oversupply of medication, via the National Health Service (NHS) and private routes, in January 2018 an online pharmacy owner and a superintendent pharmacist, discussed what could be done to stop these patients buying across multiple online and offline pharmacies.
• How can it be possible that a patient ordering a prescription from a website can also visit another website and be prescribed the same medication 10 minutes later?
• Why is this data not shared?
• Why is the medication received and not flagged on a record?
The overuse of prescription medication is increasing dramatically. This is because there are no control mechanisms in place to prevent patients purchasing prescribed medication from multiple sources, specifically in the private sector.
Currently, it is possible to be prescribed the same medicine from one or more online pharmacies as well as your regular NHS doctor.
Counterfeit drugs are increasingly available, and it can be difficult for the patient to establish provenance.
During the Casodex, Plavix and Zyprexa scandal of 2007, the Medicines and Health products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) seized 40,000 packs of fake medicine before they were distributed to pharmacies, but 25,000 packs reached pharmacies across the UK and were dispensed to patients. Following a recall, a further 7,000 packs were recovered.
MediConnect is the only blockchain solution intended to revolutionise the use of medication in the UK.
It will prevent the over-prescribing to patients of medication from multiple pharmacies, reduce addiction, provide traceability of drugs from manufacturers, wholesalers, prescribers and pharmacies all the way through to patients. This will enable the removal of false medicines and the easy recall of drugs within the Pharma system.
Blockchains are crucial for the future of medication in ensuring the safety of the user, whether that is purchasing medicine over the counter or online.
The Cryptico Team combines a passion for esports, industry experise & proven record in finance, development, marketing.
As part of the MediConnect offering, the MediConnect Payment Gateway will cater for seamless conversion of MEDI Token to fiat currencies, allowing pharmacies to avoid incurring high costs associated with traditional methods. Ultimately, these savings can be passed down to the customer.
The MEDI Token will be utilized in loyalty and reward schemes of participating pharmacies, allowing consumers to acquire and earn rewards with pharmacies who enroll with the loyalty scheme. This ensures that consumers get the best price for the products they purchase.
Innovations within the drug manufacturing industry will enable the creation of unique ‘drug serial codes’ on certified drugs. By utilizing MediConnect Provenance, consumers of certified drugs can ascertain the authenticity of the received item.
The MediConnect Supply Chain solution will enable the tracking of drugs from creation to distribution. This solution results in definitive drug recalls and provides complete transparency throughout the movement of drugs.
Supporting patients around the world and focusing on eliminating counterfeit medicine used globally.
• Creator of drug serial codes to be registered on the blockchain
• Issue drug recalls by deploying health warnings through the blockchain
• Investigate the source of counterfeit or tainted drugs in the supply chain
• Total data transparency of drug movement along the supply chain
• Tracking and traceability of genuine drugs through the supply chain lifecycle
• Provide real time tracking of product ownership and chain of custody to manufacturers, wholesalers and online pharmacies
• Minimize storage and allocate inventory using data from real-time demand forecasts
• Deliver quality assurance of each tracked item, providing documentation of certification, source and inspection of drugs at customs
• Monitor and coordinate drugs distribution throughout the network
• Identify potential sources of counterfeit drugs that have been introduced into the supply chain
• Access patients updated / complete medication list across all providers
• Permissioned to prescribe drugs and register the prescription directly on the blockchain
• Save administration time and burden of paper trails
• Reduce adverse medication events with warning on drug-drug interactions
• Reduce fraudulent prescriptions issued by unqualified professionals
• Obtain authorised prescriptions that are issued on the blockchain
• Build a healthy supplier relationship with drug manufacturers and wholesalers
• Track the origin, location and status of the drug consignments
• Purchase or nominate NHS & private prescriptions from online or offline pharmacy of their choice
• Their prescription records are accessed by all healthcare professional services to assess their medical history, suitability for supply and prevention of over use.
• Ability to scan with mobile application their medication for verification of provenance / health warnings and False Medicine and for potential drug recalls.
Here is some information on the huge problem the world faces in the pharma industry.
Here are some documents that help you to understand more about us & what MediConnect is about.
Check out the roadmap so far for MediConnect. See the milestones we have reached and others we aim to reach in the future.
Meet the core members of the MediConnect Team.
Below we have provided answers to some of the more frequently asked questions. If you have any other questions or queries contact our team and we would be happy to help.
We are based in Nottingham London UK.
Contact us by filling in the form below.
We are currently working on the integration of various pharmacies and supply chain manufacturers on our PoC platform! This would be our main goal for the near future, next to a lot of other point we are currently working on.
Best way to reach us is to fill in the contact form below.
Yes, there is a bounty now around Proposals for the new website. Go to our discord to get involved
If you have any questions or queries contact our team and we will get back to you as soon as possible.